Home

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chevron Side Table

I can't believe it's taken me this long to actually do something with chevron. 
I think I was scared to try and 
get all of those angles wrong and inconsistent. 

For whatever the reason, I have put it off
that is until
 today.

I got this really sad looking side table at a garage sale for $5.00, the top was a mess.
(had a hard time finding anything good about this fake wood table)




I primed with KILZ
(of course)


 then I painted the drawers pewter grey and the body smoke gray
(does anyone else notice that KRYLON spelled grey/gray both ways)


then I made my stencil from a cereal box

I know the stars were aligned when it
 fit both side to side and up and down perfectly.


  painted the stripes white.
(see how even the spacing is)

I'm telling you I feel like I need to go and buy a lotto ticket,


 
and DONE

I left the hardware the orginal colour because
 I really like the contrast of the cool paint colours
 against the warm brass.





This looks so much better.
Just going to put a couple of coats of poly on to give it a glossy finish,
I just couldn't wait to snap some pictures.



15 comments:

  1. so... did you buy a lottery ticket? LOL That came out so cute!!! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you are having a great day!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chevron you really jazzed it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so fun! i love the modern style and shape with the chevron and the brass hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would not have seen the potential in that piece! But it's cute now. That must have felt GOOD that it all worked out so evenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! What a transformation! Hope you have a great week. Come enter my giveaway going on.
    http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/06/its-giveaway-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us on our Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday. We will be featuring your project tonight at 6pm EST. Please stop back and grab our Featured on Someday Crafts button for your blog. Thanks again for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Someday Crafts...what a great project! it really looks like a whole new piece. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I feel the same way about chevrons- haven't done anything like that yet but you have inspired me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love chevrons! The handles are perfect!! Would love for you to share at the Pomp Party!

    http://jill-createcraftlove.blogspot.com/2012/06/pomp-party-24.html

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so fantastic--I have not attempted chevron--love the cereal box stencil. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everyone. Your comments have been so fun for me to read. I really love how this turned out, I might have to find others things that this awesome chevron pattern can go on. Thinking......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the chevron! I haven't attempted it yet, but you've inspired me to! I nominated you for a Liebster award! Stop by www.mypassionfordecor.blogspot.com and have a look.

    Melody
    My Passion For Decor

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chevron pattern. What an amazing transformation. You'd never know it started out so...umm...challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Chevron Side Table! Its dynamic pattern adds an exciting visual element to any space. The combination of design and function makes it a standout piece that effortlessly elevates the ambiance. A stylish choice for sure!

    ReplyDelete