Home

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Side Table Makeover

You know the saying that bad things happen in 3's,
well I'm here to tell you that good things do too. 

 I had the BEST weekend finding furniture at garage sales this week. 

 I found
2 coffee tables,
1 mid century dresser,
1 bookshelf and
 3 side tables.

(total cost of all 7 pieces $32.00)
*smiling*



Two were from the same bedroom set and the third was just a fluke. 
 I've decided to try and do three different technique's on them. 

The first technique is
STENCILLING

but before I could do that I sanded lightly,
 primed with KILZ, and painted it Ivy Green from Krylon.

Then I pulled out my trusty MS stencils


picked my pattern,
 found some Craft Smart paint called Lime Green,
added a little white and went to town on the edges.

(they kind of already had a border, but this pops it even more.)





Then I did a border around each drawer front


and spray painted the hardware a hammered bronze. 



Here is my first style of these side tables.


I love how the stencil is just a little lighter than
the Ivy Green and gives a subtle design element.





It always amazes me how a fresh coat of paint can really take something out of date and give it a whole new vibe.







7 comments:

  1. LOVE! That turned out amazing! CAn't wait to see the rest! Although I am sure you are hard at work on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Can't wait to see the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a whole lot of furniture for $32! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After trolling around your website I found so many great ideas!
    So now I'm your newest follower!

    Keep up the good work,
    Buffie
    http://papercuts4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way the stencil is so sweet and subtle, great job! And the color is perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete