Home

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ruffle Aprons

I have had these ruffled aprons pinned  forever and finally decided to make them for my daughter's "Hello Kitty Baking Birthday Party".  
I think they turned out so cute.






(and now for a very quick how to.)
 First I made a plain white apron by folding the material in half and then cutting a simple apron shape.





 Then I went around all the edges and sewed a 1/4 inch hem to give it a finished edge.



Made the neck strap by folding a 2 inch strip like this and sewing it closed and then attached it to the apron bib.



Next I drew on some guide lines on where to attach the ruffles.
(can you even see them?)



picked some nice bright fabrics and cut them 6 inches wide and
double the length of the bottom of the apron



and gathered and sewed them down for four layers of ruffles, starting at the bottom and working up.  The top fifth layer was sewn right sides together and then flipped up and top stitched at the top for a band for the straps to be sewn in.  (Sorry no picture.)







Yo-yo flowers were made out of the scraps for a cute embellishment.






The girls were so excited to have them it made them worth the effort.
I even had a mom tell me on Sunday that her daughter won't take hers off and wants to wear it everywhere.






I love the attitude these two girls had.....
I guess you gotta know their moms to understand....
hee hee.



Without any direction from me the girls kinda posed like each other in their pairings....funny.



I have to give a big thanks to my MIL and SIL as my machine broke mid assembly line and came to my rescue.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
They would not have been done at all on time without your help.

linking with












9 comments:

  1. I am super heart loving these!! I already pinned and sent it to my Mom to make some for my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! We are honoured to be proud owners of one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are too cute! I love the fabrics- and the flowers are just perfect! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at "Pin It and Win It Wednesday" @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, they turned out just the way I wanted them too. The girls really loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THESE ARE sooooo CUTE! i wish i had the motivation to do these for my girls... oh my gosh..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing on "Pin It and Win It Wednesday," I featured you! Hope you will come back and link up some more creations today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! These are beautiful!! I wouldnt want to take it off either:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What adorable little aprons!!! Thanks for sharing how you made them. I bet the "Hello Kitty Baking Birthday Party" was a HUGE success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those !!!!!
    My friends lately ask for Aprons as birthday presents ,,,
    I play while making those ,,, but your`s are THE BEST Aprons i ever saw ,,
    mirjam

    ReplyDelete